Europass is a portfolio of five documents that help European citizens make their skills and qualifications clearly and easily understood in Europe. The documents help to remove obstacles to mobility due to a lack of transparency and comparability of skills and competences.
The Europass portfolio includes the following documents:
- Europass Curriculum Vitae: The European Curriculum Vitae with which users can present their skills effectively
- Europass Language Passport: A self-assessment tool for language skills and qualifications
- Europass Mobility: A record of skills acquired during a learning experience in a European country
- Europass Certificate Supplement: A description of skills acquired by holders of vocational training certificates
- Europass Diploma Supplement: A description of skills acquired by holders of higher education degrees
In every country of the EU and the EEA as well as in the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, in Montenegro, Serbia, Switzerland and Turkey, a National Europass Centre coordinates all activities related to the Europass documents. The National Europass Centres are the first point of contact for any person or organisation interested in using or learning more about Europass and act as national partners in the European Network of National Europass Centres.